The following notice is addressed to those who use batteries or products with built-in batteries and no longer resell them in the form delivered to them (end users):
1. free take-back of used batteries.
Batteries must not be disposed of with household waste. You are legally obligated to return used batteries so that proper disposal can be ensured. You can return used batteries to a municipal collection point or to your local retailer. As a distributor of batteries, we are also obligated to take back used batteries, although our take-back obligation is limited to used batteries of the type that we carry or have carried in our range as new batteries. Used batteries of the aforementioned type can therefore either be returned to us with sufficient postage or handed in directly to our dispatch warehouse at the address given in the imprint free of charge.
The symbols shown on the batteries have the following meaning:
Batteries are marked with the symbol of a crossed-out garbage can (see below). This symbol indicates that batteries must not be disposed of with household waste. For batteries containing more than 0.0005 mass percent mercury, more than 0.002 mass percent cadmium, or more than 0.004 mass percent lead, the chemical name of the respective pollutant is located below the trash can symbol - where "Cd" stands for cadmium, "Pb" stands for lead, and "Hg" for mercury.
Please note the above information.
- According to §10 of the battery law, anyone who puts starter batteries into circulation is obliged to charge a deposit of €7.50 if an old starter battery is not handed in at the same time as a new one is purchased. This amount is already included in the total price. Therefore, you will not incur any additional costs when purchasing a battery through our platform.
Not all batteries are subject to deposit!
- In contrast to starter batteries, supply batteries are not affected by the battery law and are therefore exempt from the deposit regulation.
How does the deposit refund work?
Basically, you have two different options to get your paid deposit back:
- Hand in your used battery: Hand in your used starter battery in person at our dispatch warehouse in Welschbillig .
- Acceptance point according to BattV:
- Droplion c/o MasoriPuricellistraße
- Disposal: Dispose of your used starter battery at a recycling center, a scrap dealer, in a workshop or at any distributor of starter batteries. This is usually possible free of charge, just make sure you have written proof that the old battery has been disposed of. You are also welcome to have this confirmed on our invoice. If possible, please send us this proof within 30 days after purchase .
When will the refund be made?
- The battery deposit will be refunded via the payment method selected when ordering, usually also within 14 days after your proof has been checked.
Further information on the return of vehicle batteries
- When selling vehicle batteries (these are batteries intended for the starter, lighting or ignition of vehicles) the following special features apply: According to § 10 BattG, the seller is obliged to charge end users a deposit of 7.50 euros including VAT per vehicle battery if the end user does not return an old vehicle battery to the seller at the time of purchase of the new vehicle battery. The Customer shall receive a deposit voucher at the time of purchase of a vehicle battery. The customer may return the old vehicle battery to the seller for reimbursement of the collected deposit. Due to the hazardous materials regulations, shipping the old vehicle battery to the seller is not permitted. Alternatively, the Customer may return the old vehicle battery to a collection point set up by the public waste disposal authority. If the old vehicle battery is not returned to the seller collecting the deposit, the person authorized to collect the old vehicle battery in accordance with § 11 Para. 3 BattG is obliged, upon request, to confirm to the end user in writing or electronically that the old vehicle battery has been taken back without deposit reimbursement. In this case, the customer will be refunded the deposit by the seller, provided that he submits to the seller a written or electronic proof of return in accordance with § 10 para. 1 sentence 4 BattG, which is not older than two weeks at the time of submission.