Notes on battery disposal
According to §10 of the battery law, everyone who brings starter batteries into circulation is obliged to charge a deposit of €7.50 if an old starter battery is not handed in at the same time as the purchase of a new starter battery. This amount is already included in the total price. You will therefore not incur any further costs when purchasing a battery via our platform.
Not all batteries are subject to deposit!
In contrast to starter batteries, supply batteries are not affected by the battery law and are therefore exempt from the deposit regulation.
How does the deposit refund work?
Basically you have two different possibilitiesto get your paid deposit back:
- Handing in the used battery: Hand in your used starter battery personally on site at our dispatch loader in Bocholt.
- Acceptance point according to BattV:
Fulfilmentcrowd GmbH c/o MasoriHeinrich Hertz Street 2146399 Bocholt
- Disposal: Dispose of your old starter battery at a recycling centre, a scrap metal trade, in a workshop or at any distributor of starter batteries. This is usually possible free of charge, just make sure you have written proof that the old battery has been disposed of. You are also welcome to have this confirmed on our invoice. If possible, please send us this proof within 30 days after purchase .
When will the refund be made?
The refund of the battery deposit will be made via the payment method selected when ordering, usually also within 14 days after checking your proof.
Further information on battery disposal
Batteries must not be disposed of with household waste. To ensure proper disposal, you are required by law to return used batteries.
Meaning of the battery symbols
The symbol of the crossed-out dustbin means that the battery must not be disposed of with household waste.
- Pb = Battery contains more than 0.004% lead by mass.
- Cd = battery contains more than 0.002% cadmium by mass
- Hg = Battery contains more than 0.0005% mercury by mass.
Further information on the return of vehicle batteries
As a distributor of batteries, we are also obligated to take back used batteries. Our obligation to take back used batteries is limited to used batteries of the type that we carry or have carried in our product range as new batteries. Due to the Ordinance on Hazardous Goods, it is not permissible to ship the old vehicle battery to the seller. If the old vehicle battery is not returned to the seller collecting the deposit, the person authorised to collect the old vehicle battery in accordance with § 11 Para. 3 BattG is obliged, on request, to confirm in writing or electronically to the end user that the old vehicle battery has been taken back without deposit reimbursement. In this case, you will receive a refund of the deposit charged from the seller, provided that you present the seller with a written or electronic proof of return in accordance with § 10 Paragraph 1 Sentence 4 BattG, which is not older than two weeks at the time of presentation.